Friday 1 July 2011

5 and counting ....

Only 5 more sleeps until I jump on a plane, bound for Paris, Edinburgh and finally Singapore.  I am a very lucky girl!  Precious time with family in Scotland, shopping in Singapore, and soaking in the sights and sounds of one of the world's most beautiful cities - what more could I ask for?

So here's a question for you?  What is (if you've been) or would be (if you dream of going) your favourite thing to do in Paris?  And what should a design/interiors/colour/pattern/texture addict like me be sure not to miss?

I'm thinking I'll swing by here on my wanderings ....


Hermes' newest Paris store - image via Elle Decor

And while I've been to Paris many times (oh I do miss the heady days of cheap startup airlines in the UK, when you could be whisked off to Barcelona for less than the cost of a deep-fried Mars bar), I've never visited this ...


The Scare Coeur ('sacred heart') - beautiful photo by Arnaud Frich

Or actually been inside here ...


The Louvre - photo by 'mcpig' on Flickr


My favourite fabric house in all the world has a Paris showroom, so it'd be rude not to drop in and say hi ...


Both images from the latest Accessories catalogue from Lelievre


I'd love to eat at an art nouveau or art deco restaurant or cafe, so let me know if you have any suggestions! What with the whole gluten & dairy free thing, and being a vegetarian (when in France, I eat a lot of omelettes!), I might just be ordering the 'potage du jour', but hey, who cares if I get to soak up surroundings like these!


Bofinger restaurant - photo by blogtrotta

So if I've whet your appetite for more of the French capital, why not pop on over to Gifts of Serendipity for today's six senses tour, which just happens to be about Paris (serendipitous indeed!)  And don't forget the beautiful range of photographs from Little Brown Pen, brought to us by Let's Go Moerkabout just a few weeks ago ...




La vie est belle!  A bientot ... Nx

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Have a wonderfully amazing time for me. Can't believe you haven't been to Sacre Coeur or the Louvre, two of my very favourite places. But the thing I love most about Paris is walking. I think, hands down, it's the best walking city in the world. Or should I say promenading? Whatever it is, enjoy it all. And Scotland. And Singapore. Yes, envy :)

Felicity said...

Bon Voyage lovely one, can't wait to see all that you experience on your adventure!

xx Felicity

Unknown said...

Musee d'Orsay and Musee d'Orangerie are both great! A boat trip down the Seine gives a look at different architecture along the banks too! Have a great time!

tiffany said...

Have fun! You must go into the Louvre. I could lose myself for the entire day (or three) in there.

LOVE the chairs to the left in the circus photo.