Tuesday 7 June 2011

I hope these flowers brighten your day, just as you all brightened mine

It's Tuesday and although I promised myself I would devote all my time until Wednesday afternoon to my course work, I just couldn't resist a quick post.  I just wanted to say thank you SO much to everyone for their visits to my first post and especially their welcoming and encouraging comments - the words of friends and strangers alike have made me so happy, more than you can know. 


Blogging is a whole lot of fun, I wonder why on earth I didn't start sooner.  Or maybe I do ....  As we so often do in life, I managed to find quite a few reasons to put off starting my blog.  The main reason for me, though, is a little demon I do have to wrestle with every now and again on this journey.  At times when I'm not so sure of myself, I can so easily convince myself (browsing a few magazines and surfing the overwhelming amount of blogs out there will do it) that there's nothing new in the zoo.  How can I be different and have amazingly new and fresh things to say and show that haven't been said or shown before?  Well, its easy to think that, but it's missing the point, isn't it?  It's not about out there, it's about in here - what's in me.  Blogging, I've realised, is the most incredibly satisfying way for me to express myself and that's the part that really matters - that people read and enjoy what you have to say is the perfect icing on an already delicious cake.


Have a great day, everyone, and I'll catch you later in the week, Nx

5 comments:

Felicity said...

Brilliant colours.

Brilliant sentiments.

Brilliantly written.

I'm so glad that you've started and I look forward to the gifts that you'll share {like these amazing vignettes of my favourite colour combos} and getting to know you as you do so.

Happy day!

Felicity x

Kerry said...

Beautiful photos Nic. Did you take them? So glad you started your blog. I'm sure it's going to be a favourite :)

Nic said...

Thanks Kerry! I took the first one yesterday, inspired by some gorgeous warm & sunny weather here in Brisbane.
The second one is my pick of the shots I took at our Styling workshop with Shannon Fricke.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

You're right about doing it for yourself. People get so discouraged when they go in with any other attitude. The great thing is that even though there might be hundreds of other people with the same ideas out there, there are hundreds of thousands who have never heard of them. If your own ideas are fresh and new to you, then they will be just as fresh and new for others who find you. There is room for everyone, and you have to celebrate every new follower as a connection you would never have made otherwise.

So glad to be one of yours!

Unknown said...

Great blog Nic, looks fabulous and love the photos. You are a real artiste! Thanks for linking to me down the side referring my blog!