Thursday 31 January 2013

Organised office on a teeny weeny budget

Greetings everyone and happy 2013!

More than a mental health necessity than a resolution, I've made the most of the quieter work times that are inevitable in January and well and truly whipped my office into shape for what promises to be a busy year ahead.

On a ridiculously tiny budget, I might add.  And for a 3m x 3m room, I'm pretty impressed with what I can fit in - 2 desks, built-in storage, file cart and 2 sets of shelving. 

So here are some pics and hopefully some ideas you might find useful and thrifty!



In a small space, I'm a big fan of getting stuff up off the floor and work surfaces.  This handy little shelf cost just $19 at Masters and was super-easy to mount, though it has to be said I am getting pretty handy with the drill these days!



I don't like to waste money buying containers for things, it's much more cost effective and interesting to use what's already around the house, or as I did here, pop down to your local op shop and see what you can pick up - the 2 glass containers here were 50c each.


For your space to work, it's good to know what kind of bod you are, e.g. to feel organised, I really need to see everything.  If it's not in front of me, I totally forget about it!  This Ribba picture ledge from Ikea ($15) works well for that - I simply screwed the Bygel kitchen rail ($4) underneath, so I can hang my 'to do' paperwork from the hooks ($1.50).  Love the old compass I picked up on my trip to the op shop.


And how about this for a great way to store wrapping paper?  I love collecting paper, but haven't been able to figure out FOR AGES how to display my faves.  These rings came from Bunnings, in the plumbing section, and cost just $6 for 10. 


Best buys for keeping stuff sorted (left to right) were this mobile file cart from OfficeWorks ($97), wall-mounted containers from Ikea (3 sizes for just $12.99), a carboard file drawer from the op shop (just 15 bucks) and the old faithful Ikea Expedit that has been with me for years.  I've done a bit of a hack here, by adding drawers to the underside of the top cubes and since I lost the handles in one of many moves, I've discovered that a bit of ribbon works just as well.

So here it is from every angle ....


Boring old door adorned with a beautiful Japanese obi (kimono sash)

 


I always try and create a mix of open and closed storage - gotta see what I've got!




Desk - ebay - 99c!!!!!




Desk - existing but was too big, so I sawed the top in half

Right, which room's next? 


Til next time,
Nx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HI I am Smoya Verma, I have business in Noida, when I need to grow up my business that time I need full furnished office too, yourofficespace is the one of best online real estate company who suggest me awesome full furnished luxury Office space for rent in noida within my budget. The 24*7 support is also good of yourofficespace , thanks yourofficespace for suggesting me a wonderful office at sector 18 noida.