Saturday 6 August 2011

Coming home ...

Happy Saturday everyone!  Back from my amazing hols earlier this week and madly working away to complete all my course work before next Wednesday - I graduate from the Beaumont School of Interior Design and Decoration here in Brisbane next Friday evening!

I do keep having to pinch myself, but it looks like I may already have work lined up as well.  More details to follow, but it seems surreal that just a couple of years after deciding this was the direction I wanted to take and just over one year after I quit full-time employment, I have - all of a sudden - changed career. 

I am an Interior Designer.

And it feels good, and right.  After years of - not what I would call unhappiness - more of an internal disquiet, like radio interference humming away in the background, I'm finally . . . .


Paris shop window - more holiday photos and tales to follow!

Til next time,
Nx

4 comments:

Felicity said...

Yippeeeee!!!
This post filled me with a great swell of happiness and pride for you Nic.

It's wonderful to learn that you have not only realised your dream vocation, but pursued it with gusto and now the exciting part is about to really start.

I can't wait to read all about it and share in your journey along this creative path,

xx Felicity

Kerry said...

Ah Nic, I couldn't be happier for you. And it's yet another wonderful example of people working out what's best for them and then letting it happen. As well as working hard of course :) I'm sure that huge success will be yours. Bravo to you xx

Unknown said...

YAY! Congratulations! Seems like it's flown by, but I bet you are relieved!

DawnT said...

Congrats on your graduation!!! I'm excited to see more pictures and hear more stories of your trip. I'll definitely check out your Six Senses blog post.